07/06/2017

PICNIC AT CHESTNUT RIDGE

Wilson noticed that the bench at the top of Mallard Drive has been transformed from what previously resembled a building site into what now looks like a lovely area to sit and relax.

Now he has told everyone that he's organising a 'Picnic At Chestnut Ridge' which is what the area is apparently called.


Everybody was very excited, and they all set off together – apart from the immobile sTone Brothers, who I agreed to take round later in the car.


When I dropped them off, I found Wilson almost engulfed in flames as he tried to brew a pot of Ant Coffee. 


He said it was a temporary inconvenience and everything was under control.


I hope he's right, because once the coffee is done he intends to cook his signature dish, Ant Lasagna. I've never seen a lasagna cooked on a paraffin stove before, and I fear it may be beyond his abilities. 


I wished everyone good luck, and told Wilson I would pop home and bring him a fire extinguisher, just in case.


I sensed that Antony was uneasy about the picnic. I asked him what was the matter, and he whispered, 'I can't help comparing this to  the classic movie Picnic At Hanging Rock – I'm just waiting for the other children to disappear...'


No comments:

Post a Comment