05/03/2017

NATIONAL ANT DAY

We made our way over to the showroom and introduced ourselves to the salesman, who asked whether we'd like a cup of tea or coffee. 

I said I'd really like a double espresso, but when I turned to see what Wilson wanted, I found he'd left my side and was running out the door! Calling over his shoulder, he shouted: 'I'll be back in a minute! Well, not more than an hour or two, anyway. Probably.' and he was gone.


This left me in a rather embarrassing position, as I had no idea of the purpose of this meeting — but the salesman returned a moment later with my coffee, and showed me a Juke that was parked in the showroom, pointing out its beautiful lines and cleverly concealed rear doors.


After he had demonstrated the Keyless Entry system I sat in the driver's seat while he explained the automatic headlights and the all-round parking-assist cameras. I must admit, it was very impressive!


Finally Wilson returned, wearing his crown and a smile, proudly carrying his jam-jar containing a single ant.


'Did someone mention coffee? he enquired.



No comments:

Post a Comment